SUPPORT QUACKERY!! (sort of)

If you find yourself even a little bit interested in what you see and read on this blog, please sign up as a Follower and for instant notification of New Posts! I'll do my best to keep you grateful for your health.
THANKS! - QuackMD


Friday, September 4, 2009

BREAKING NEWS: New AQUA Winner!

It surprises even me. MSN greeted me with the news this morning that the Texas State Fair will be debuting yet another new fried food creation. This baby isn't even being sold yet (the fair starts on 9/25), but it has already leaped into the AQUA winner's circle! It must be pretty stunning, huh?

Oh, it is. The second AQUA winner is Fried Butter. Yup, that's it - bite through your lump of deep-fried batter to find a ball of 100% pure butter. Once you've tried those morsels, you can go back for the garlic, grape, or cherry flavored fried butter chunks.

I can't resist quoting from the MSN article by Laura T. Coffey ("Move Over Twinkies: Deep-fried butter is here," today.msnbc.msn.com, 3 Sep 2009; photo also from that site), "An order of fried butter will get you three or four pieces of piping-hot dough in a little cardboard boat. 'Any more than that and I think it would be a little bit too much,'" the wise creator of these deep-fried delicacies said, "A little bit too rich." Hmmm ... I'm thinking maybe three or four too many?

Hey, doesn't it sound like the perfect accompaniment to the KFC Double Down Sandwich! "I'd like a Double Down with a side of Fried Butter; make my drink a Fried Coke and for dessert I'll have Fried Nutter Butter Cookies."

If you go to this year's Texas State Fair, you'll find more deep-fried taste treats than just fried butter. Yesiree Bob. Be on the lookout for Fried Peaches and Cream, Fried Pecan Pie, Fried Peanut Butter Cup Macaroons, and much more.

Why the obsession with fried foods at the fair? Because people want them. We keep pushing the limits of what our mortal, delicate bodies will endure - all to momentarily satisfy the bumps on our tongues. Tongues win over brains a lot these days. Don't you worry about the fried foods at the state fair. They're gonna sell like hotcakes ... fried hotcakes.

3 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm all for fried foods. But you definately chose a winner of a loser here! I find it reprehensible that we live in a society where someone can sue McDonalds because they got fat and unhealthy from eating too many "supersized" meals, thus causing McDonalds to remove that size option from thier menu....but we can deep fry and sell BUTTER?!! This world has its priorities seriously messed up! I think this deserves a minimum of 2 A.Q.U.A. awards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sick just thinking about fried butter. That is revolting. In Scotland there are deep fried Mars Bars but at least Mars Bars are a snack to start with... who would ever eat a lump of butter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, heaven help us all! Now I've heard it all - fried butter?
    Yuck!
    And, AMEN to Nicholas' comment above.

    ReplyDelete

Locations of visitors to this page