SUPPORT QUACKERY!! (sort of)

If you find yourself even a little bit interested in what you see and read on this blog, please sign up as a Follower and for instant notification of New Posts! I'll do my best to keep you grateful for your health.
THANKS! - QuackMD


Thursday, August 13, 2009

MEDICAL QUACKERY - Past & Present

I have been collecting, researching, and writing about medical quackery for well over two decades. I think it is fascinating, wild, and crazy and I can't get enough of it. But here's my problem: I know almost nobody who has the same interest! I have gone to bottle shows but I don't know anybody at those and have not been able to get anyone to continue communicating with me about this stuff by mail, internet, or otherwise. I tried to volunteer (should be easy, right?) to be involved with one of the bottle collecting groups, but after a short flurry of using my help, they stopped contacting me - talk about giving me a complex.

I have learned that the collectors in this area are often quirky people - yeah, me too. My wife and children endure all my stories because, well, they're my wife and children. But I run across way too much really cool stuff to believe there's nobody else out there interested, so now I'm going to try this blogging thing.

I'm going to try to share all kinds of anecdotes and tidbits that I've accumulated as well as those I uncover as I continue my research and collecting. If you're out there and find yourself interested at all in my blog (or even a teeny tiny part of it!), please let me know. So starting with my next entry, I will share my first story ... about the Blue Lydia.

Signing off, I am QuackMD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Locations of visitors to this page