SUPPORT QUACKERY!! (sort of)

If you find yourself even a little bit interested in what you see and read on this blog, please sign up as a Follower and for instant notification of New Posts! I'll do my best to keep you grateful for your health.
THANKS! - QuackMD


Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Autumn + Old Bottles = New England

If you haven't been in New England in the fall, GO! Autumn in New England is timeless: winding country roads, quaint village greens, covered bridges, geese flying south in precise formation, an exhilarating crispness in the air, pumpkin patches, and of course, stunningly beautiful trees with their leaves fluttering in the breeze. I love the beautiful colors of the New England fall - especially the cobalt blue.

Yup - blue.

You see, the only thing better than New England's colorful trees in the fall is enjoying its colorful trees and beautiful bottles. Both are truly timeless. Without question, my favorite "New England experience" is the tailgating bottle show on Norman Heckler's property in Woodstock, Connecticut, on Columbus Day Weekend. I have timed my vacation trips back home to coincide with that special day. There, on that awe-inspiring Colonial property, with the backdrop of trees dressed in their autumn plumage, folks set up tables and cover them with an array of their finest autumn colors: honey amber; grass green; ruby red; cinnamon, teal, aqua, and peuce. Some of those bottles are lucky enough to still have labels, aged and foxed in antique browns. An outdoor bottle show in New England in the autumn: you've got to see it to believe it. And the really nice thing is, it's a lot easier to bring a New England autumn bottle home in your luggage than it is to bring a New England autumn tree.

3 comments:

  1. Your post makes me want to go back to New England and take my family. We'll get the opportunity to go sometime. :) Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. I tried bringing a New England autumn tree back home in my carry-on luggage... they said that all foliage needed to stay in New England. Geez, you'd think they're running short on maple syrup or something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your picture and words make me very happy that my sweet Yankee husband took me there and I did truly have a wonderful time. The colors just seem to pop and time did seem to go slower there.

    ReplyDelete

Locations of visitors to this page